Volunteers are an essential part of Providence Animal Center’s lifesaving community. Our robust volunteer program places volunteers in nearly every department.
In an effort to keep our community safe, our volunteer program is closed until further notice. Be sure to check back to find out when we’re able to accept applications again!
Thank you for your understanding and please consider donating today to help our lifesaving work continue during this challenging time.
We always need volunteers to assist with the following:
- Dog Kennels & Cattery: Cleaning, socialization, training & enrichment
- Bathers and groomers
- Off-site adoption event support
- Photography & online promotion of the animals
- Drivers for transporting animals to and from our safe haven
- Office and Front Desk help – filing, follow-up calls, greeting
- Large & small event committees
- Running with dogs through our Dog Trotter program (learn more below)
Dog Trotter Program
The Dog Trotters are a group of runners who work with the higher energy dogs awaiting adoption at our Adoption Center. It’s a great way to help our cause while getting a great workout. Are you an athletic animal lover? Well, then maybe it’s time to become a Dog Trotter! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Info@ProvidenceAC.org.
How to Apply
We are fortunate to have a lot of wonderful people wanting to volunteer, so please be patient and know that we’re trying to find the best-suited people for our program. There are limited openings in certain areas of our volunteer program, so we use an interview process to fill the available positions. We will call you to arrange for a phone or in-person interview.