Volunteers are an essential part of Providence Animal Center’s lifesaving community. Our robust program places volunteers in every department, from the Laundry to the Surgical Suite.
We always need volunteers to assist with the following:
- Dog Kennels & Cattery: Cleaning, socialization, training & enrichment
- Bathers and groomers
- Off-site adoption event support
- Laundry & dishes
- Donation sorting
- Photography & online promotion of the animals
- Drivers for transporting animals to and from our safe haven
- Office and Front Desk help – filing, follow-up calls, greeting
- Large & small event committees
- Running with dogs through our Dog Trotter program (learn more below)
Dog Trotter Program
The Dog Trotters are a group of runners who work with the higher energy dogs awaiting adoption at our Adoption Center. It’s a great way to help our cause while getting a great workout. Are you an athletic animal lover? Well, then maybe it’s time to become a Dog Trotter! If you are interested or would like more information, please apply to our volunteer program!
How to Apply
We are fortunate to have a lot of wonderful people wanting to volunteer, so please be patient and know that we’re trying to find the best-suited people for our program. There are limited openings in certain areas of our volunteer program, so we use an interview process to fill the available positions. We will call you to arrange for an interview.