CLEAR THE SHELTERS
Clear the Shelters at PAC!
Saturday, August 26, 2023
11:00am - 6:00pm
This year, on August 26th, we will be offering 90% off adoption fees for all pets! That includes puppies, kittens, cats and dogs.
If you plan on participating in our Clear the Shelter event, here are some helpful tips and requirements that should be fulfilled before you take your furever friend home:
- A completed adoption profile, which can be filled out and brought with you, or you can fill one out while you’re waiting to get in to the Center. If you have previously adopted from us, we will still need you to fill out a new adoption profile. Be sure to wear sunblock and comfortable clothing and footwear in case you have to wait in line.
- A driver’s license or a state-issued ID with your current address showing you are at least 18 years old.
- If you are planning to adopt a dog and presently have a dog(s), all dogs must meet at the Adoption Center. If you live alone, bring a friend or family member with you to stay with your resident dog. Just a heads-up: in most cases, we strongly recommend adding a dog of the opposite sex for the best match. In order to keep the process moving and allow as many families as possible to meet potential pets, we will limit families to 3 potential dogs. But not to worry, our expert matchmakers will be prepared to help you find the best fit!
- Everyone in the household is encouraged to meet the new furry family member.
- While the adoption fee will be 90% off, a leash and collar fee for dogs or cat carrier fee for cats will be required. Any additional donation you can make on top of that will be so helpful to support our privately funded lifesaving mission. Donations will be matched on Saturday only, and you receive a special gift when you make a donation of $15 or more. Cash and all major credit cards are accepted.
- Before leaving, adopters will receive a goodie bag and some special treats. We also have a PAC Store where you can make a donation for other pet items you may need.
Our adoption process is on a first-good-home come, first-good-home served basis when all requirements are met and the application is approved. We do not place holds on animals, so be sure to come prepared!
We are looking forward to clearing the shelter, but we need your help: come out and adopt! If you can't adopt, consider paw-ing it forward and donating to cover the tremendous cost of subsidizing adoption fees. Join us on Facebook throughout the day while we live broadcast updates and fun surprises.
The more animals we find homes for, the more animals in need we can help. Remember, you are saving two lives when you adopt – the one you are welcoming into your family and the animal at risk and in need of saving!
This event will happen rain or shine.