Surrender Your Pet
Please keep in mind that Providence Animal Center is a Lifesaving Organization and can only accept pets by appointment, as our space and resources allow.
There may be other options
We are committed to helping you keep your furry friend in your family, forever. Before proceeding, please check out the resources below.
I am looking to surrender because of:
I need to surrender my pet
If you have exhausted all your options and feel you must surrender your pet, please fill out the appropriate form below, but please keep in mind:
- It can take up to 7 days to receive a reply email once a surrender form has been submitted. If you must find placement immediately for your pet, please contact your local open access, animal control facility.
- We are currently undergoing construction at our Center, which is very space restrictive; surrender wait times may be longer than usual.
- *Due to the overwhelming number of homes wanting to surrender cats, we are only able to accept friendly and healthy cats that:
- Are spayed/neutered and vaccinated
- Are FeLV and FIV negative, having a test done within the last 3-6 months
- Have a wellness check within the last 3-6 months indicating the cat is healthy
- *These services can be provided through our low-cost Wellness Clinic or through your private veterinarian. Proof of the above procedures will be required to be added to the surrender waiting list.
- A lifesaving fee will be required to assist with the care of your pet while they wait for a new home.
- Meeting the spay/neuter, vaccine, and behavioral requirements will help expedite the surrendering process.
- At your scheduled surrender appointment please be prepared with all papers relevant to your pet’s history, including medical records.
Surrender Your Pet Form