The October weather has us, and our pets, feeling pretty good! It’s perfect weather to get up, get outside, and get training for our Bark in the Park Virtual 5K on October 24th, which you can run/walk no matter where you are, on October 24th! We know – it’s right around the corner, but the only performance that matters to us is showing up. When you register for Bark in the Park, you’ve shown up for homeless pets in need.
We came up with a list of training tips to help you prepare for the day of, in case you could use a little incentive.
- Do a little more every day. If you can run 1 mile today, continue adding on .5 miles of distance every day (or whatever you can) until you can run the distance! (3.1 miles to be exact).
- Stay hydrated! Water is key, and you should be sure to drink a glass 30-60 minutes before you head out. Hey fundraisers! When you raise $150, you’ll earn a “Dog Kit”, which includes a pop-up water bowl to keep your pooch hydrated, too!
- Track your run: Using an app to track your run/walk can help you finish strong, and even raise more money for our organization! Download Wooftrax to support PAC just by walking your dog!
- Run in style: You can earn the limited edition Bark in the Park tee when you raise $75 (including your registration fee)! There will be an opportunity to pick up your tee on the day of Bark, so you can participate while wearing the super cute tee. Get fundraising now so you don’t miss out!
- Warm Up/Cool Down: Be sure to stretch before and after your run to prevent injury, and maybe even get your best 5K time ever!
- Bring a buddy: By buddy, we mean your dog, of course! Don’t have a dog? Register to Rent-A-Dog during Bark in the Park on October 24th!
- Join us, no matter where you are: Haven’t registered yet? Get started today! Need some more motivation? Refer 5 friends and family members, and you’re eligible for a free PAC Baseball cap! Simply have them note your name while registering themselves.
- Share your progress on social media: Post training videos, and pics of you in your Bark in the Park tee, leading up to the event using #BarkinthePark2020 and #WhyIRun or #WhyIWalk!
We can’t wait to have you join us, virtually, on October 24th! Together, but apart, we’re making a huge difference in the lives of homeless pets – one step at a time.